Tuesday, January 24, 2012

One of Those Days!!!!

Well, today was one of those days where you just have to do what you have to do.  I have been going to Seidou's house for several weeks now.  I usually go right after breakfast to avoid eating anything at his house.  Seidou has a good heart, but they don't have very much money, so I don't want to impose any more financial burden on them by always eating with them.  Well, today it was unavoidable.  I arrived at Seidou's house around 10am and did my normal greeting and asking about the family.  My main goal is telling Seidou Bible stories.  I was getting ready to tell Seidou this weeks story when his sister came in with a bowl, and I knew what it was.  I thought maybe I could just sit while they ate, but immediately they got a bowl and a spoon for me.  Well, I decided that if I am going to eat with them, then I am going to eat with them like they eat.  So I declined the extra bowl and spoon and washed my hands in the offered bowl of water and dug my right hand into this hot plate.  I thought for a moment that maybe I should have taken the spoon since my right hand fingers now seemed to be on fire.  The dish served was called "Cabato" or just "Toe" for short.  It is a mushy paste type dish that you dip in sauce.  Well, I sucked it up and then dipped my food in the sauce and stared eating with my friends.  It was one of those days where you pray"Lord, if I get it down, then can you please keep it down."  Luckily the Lord kept it down for me and when we were finished Seidou asked me for this weeks story.  Not only did I tell him the story, but then he asked if he could read the story.  So we told the story again and then we read the story I had written.  Please pray for Seidou as he and his family are Muslims, but we recently were able to give him a Bible in Arabic, which he can read, and he has told me he wants to know the truth.  Please pray that these stories will touch his heart and the hearts of his family and they will see the truth that Jesus is the only way that we can gain eternal life.
-Mike

1 comment:

David Pope said...

Good word, Mike ... His Word will not return void, buddy.