Friday, January 20, 2012

Niger






You've heard about my Burkina escapades, but the real purpose for my trip last week was to go to a home school conference in Niger.  I'd never been to Niger, so it was a treat to get to go.  I wished the whole week that the kids had come as all of the rest of the attendees were able to drive there and so brought their kiddos.  The guest house was located on this pretty river, but the rest of the countryside was pretty brownish red.  I got a chance to catch up with some old friends and make some new ones.  The rest of the trip was mostly in class.

I got home to find everyone in Abidjan safe and sound.  I think they even ate while I was gone.  I was putting Ben to bed that first night and after the lights were out and I'd said goodnight, Ben called, "Mama, no airplane, no bye bye!"  I guess he did miss me after all.

Heather

No comments: