Sunday, May 3, 2009

Now What Did We Do With That Camera?

Hee hee! We haven't misplaced our camera, we just can't seem to remember to get it out and do anything with it!!!! I'd promise to do better, but then I'm not sure I would, so I'd better not promise.

We've just been up to normal stuff around here. Today I went to a little town just outside of the city with a friend of mine after we got home from church. It was fun to go out there and hang out with the family. Most of the conversations were in Moore, the language I am supposed to be learning, but except for words here and there I was clueless. I can greet, which always wins me a smile! I do know what they call the white lady, so at least I know when I am being discussed. ;) I was on a mission to find corn on the cob today along with plantains. I've grown quite fond of fried plantains and so I always get the plantains when we are out of the city so my precious househelper and dear friend can fry them up for me later in the week. We haven't had fresh corn since before we came to Africa, so I hope it tastes OK. They grow field corn here to eat and so it's not always the best. I am figuring after a year and a half without corn, maybe it will work!

Language is still slow going. I'm still good for a laugh! Maybe some day I'll become less amusing and at least partially comprehensible!

We have a volunteer team coming later this month. We are excited to have them with us and hope they will have a good time here. Of course that also means that you may or may not hear much from me this month.

The kids are still really excited about the baby. Caleb can't figure out why we haven't picked a name yet. Karis is hoping for a little sister, but Caleb says he doesn't care. I think Karis is planning sweet revenge on her brother. Hope she doesn't mind waiting a few years for her partner in crime, boy or girl, to be actually capable of helping her inflict damage on her brother.

We still don't have new news on the trouble I've had with little bit. I hope to get word soon that all is well and there's no more need for worry. We should hear something soon one way or another. The doctor has to make a decision on the cerclage this week, at least that's what I think I understand.

We got new neighbors this week. Another missionary family with four kids moved in next door. The kids are really enjoying having playmates so close.

We love you all a lot. Come see us!
Heather

No comments: