Thursday, May 7, 2009

Home

I just wanted to let those of you that are following our latest happenings that I am back home. The procedure seemed to go well. We heard a tiny heart beating this morning to the joy of Mom and Dad. They aren't as into monitoring fetal heart rate as much here as there, but with a little persuasion, we convinced them to check for us just to make sure. Unfortunately they didn't check to see if it was a little girl heart or a boy heart. It didn't matter to us anyway as long as it was beating! Maybe we'll know sometime near the end of June.

I am sporting some pretty great "track marks" from my IV to commemorate my first stay in an African hospital. As usual the IV was my least favorite part of the stay and let me just say that you shouldn't make IV needles out of plastic. It's just not a good idea! Only one of my meals was still sporting a head and I convinced them to trade out for something that had already been beheaded! ;)

Now I just have to take it easy for the next five months and all will be good! When I asked how long I had to "take it easy" today, the cute little nurse said "Until you are ready for this baby to come." OK. Understood. Can do. By the time I got home the kids and my great househelper had already been briefed that they are not to let me do ANYTHING for a couple of weeks and after that, very little. Now we just need to contact a contractor and start getting estimates to widen the doors to the house. Hee Hee! ;)

I am feeling OK thanks to your prayers. I am hoping to get a good night's sleep now.

Love you all,
Heather

1 comment:

David Pope said...

We love you ... we prayed for you (both) ... and we're glsad you're home!