Sunday, May 17, 2009

GO TEAM!


Daisy caught herself a midnight snack.

Yes indeed, that is a crab, cornered and trapped in our yard by our little dog who seems not to be too afraid of that huge pincher!


We are waiting on our team from our home church to get here. They are flying in Tuesday night and my kids have been counting down the days for a looooong time now. Having 5 college students in the house for a few days is pretty great stuff. We are looking forward to the time they will get to spend on the university campus here with Cote d'Ivoire students and hope they can get a lot of research done for us and get many many opportunities to share their faith.

My Dad spent a couple of days in the hospital there in the states getting to know his new cardiologist. He had a stint put in just to keep life interesting. I think he just wanted to compare notes with me on how the American hospital experience compares with the African hospital experience. ;) Just kidding. I would appreciate your prayers for him as he continues to recover on the run! The apple doesn't fall far from the tree, you might say!

We are still working hard on our new languages. I wish I could tell you I can have a long detailed conversation with someone, but unless you call a brief rundown of how the family and work are, a brief bio of myself, and short sentences like "I am working, You are sad, He is sleeping" as a long conversation, I guess I should keep working at it. I do have a lot longer list of words and sounds I can't make! I am looking forward to the day I move from being funny myself to making people laugh on purpose. That will be great.

Our Caleb is turning ten in ten days, so hopefully we'll be putting up birthday pix soon. I told Caleb not to even ask for a pinata. An African pinata once in a life time is all I can stand. If you don't remember that story, you'll have to research our September 08 posts! :)

Our love to all,
Heather

No comments: