Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Finishing 2012 with a Bang!

Look, No Hands!
Pastors' Wives


Jim and Roger leading the pastors' conference.


Those that cooked our lunch enjoying a moment of rest

Ben and Grandaddy


The kids wanted to show Gramma and Nana their favorite monkey.

Everyone wanted to pose with the parents!




Full bellies meant it was time for play!


Special Friends helping with cleanup

Everybody also wanted to hug the parents!


December was quite a month for us.  It was action packed from start to finish.  I meant to do this update before it became 2014, but I didn't make it.  The highlight of the month was having my parents and my in-laws come to visit for Christmas.  They worked hard the whole two weeks they were here putting on conferences and evangelistic Christmas parties, visiting Vridi and checking out our neighborhood, putting up a swingset, fixing things around the house, but most of all meeting and greeting as many of our friends as could get here.

It's really funny when I think about it.  If someone told me their parents were coming, I would say, "Oh that's nice."  I would be happy for them, but all in all, it wouldn't matter one way or another to me personally.  Once again, not so here.  The whole city, it seems, was excited about the arrival of our families.  Many of them visited and everyone wanted a photo and a hug.  Parents are a big deal here and our parents were very well received.  We were so glad to have them here.  It had been nearly two years since we had seen them last and could be a year and a half before we see them again.  It was definitely hard to see them go.

We are looking forward to one more family visit in a couple of weeks when my sister arrives.  I'm sure that will come and go all to fast.  Let us know if you'd like to come see us too.

With love,
Heather

1 comment:

David Pope said...

I'm sure this was a blessing all around! Maybe ONE day!