Sunday, June 6, 2010

Baptism






I had the privilege of Baptizing one of my African friends today. Bamba had accepted Christ several months ago. Central Baptist Church from Arkansas has been coming to Cote d'Ivoire and traveling up North to share God's word with a village. In the process they meet Bamba and shared God's love with him. He was Muslim and had a lot of questions. I learned Bamba spoke Jula so I decided to start talking with him in Jula. After I finished my language study, Heather and I started storying with him and his family. He had already accepted Christ and was now being discipled. The church brought a group to Cote d"Ivoire this week and Bamba asked me if I would baptize him while the group was here. I found a place in the Lagoon that wasn't too dirty and I joyfully baptized Bamba. It is with great joy to hear that Bamba has already started sharing his testimony with everyone. I heard the stories while he was up North about him sharing with other bus drivers and also the police and rebels. This is exactly what happened in the Bible when someone accepted Christ. They were full of the Holy Spirit and shared with everyone the love they had found. Now, I challenge you to remember the joy of your salvation and go and tell someone about the love Christ has for them.

2 comments:

Jimmy McPhee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jimmy McPhee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.