Friday, October 4, 2013

Normal Life

Parading through the streets of Abidjan to announce a revival service!

Ben and his chameleon in Kenya

Ben loved to hold the chameleon on the stick, but holding it on his hand was a little scary!

My friend Viviane having a wonderful time leading the parade

Missionary work requires nerves of steel for many different occasions.

Sweet Friends


With Mike traveling in August and September, things around here have been anything but normal.  We are now all back under one roof, so everybody is happy.  Mike spend a good chunk of September in South Africa for a meeting.  He sneaked in a few days of fun at the end, so maybe he'll post a little about that. 

We have enjoyed having a team from Calhoun, LA with us this week.  They are doing a great job of sharing the gospel in conjunction with a local church.  Many have heard and some have accepted Christ as Lord.  May He get all the glory always!

We are looking forward to seeing our Parkwood buddies next week.  We don't yet know the guys that are coming to work in Abobo with our national friends, but we are church family!  Pray for much success and that these guys can see what they need to see to cast vision for the future work.

I stuck in some photos from our summer.  Ben was especially interested in the chameleons that live in Kenya.  I spent a good portion of my week looking for little friends for Ben.

It was really funny to me how important and exciting parades are here.  I posted a few pictures of my friends parading to announce revival services that would go on for the week.  We walked/danced for miles and the women had a great time. 

There doesn't seem to be much to say about what's up around here.  We are just plugging along with what we do.  My mom says that I haven't told you about my new adventures in playing soccer, so I'll try to get around to that soon.  Let's just say that the event is more of a comedy than a sporting event! ;)

With love,
Heather

No comments: