Saturday, September 29, 2012

Stalker

If I had known that day two weeks ago when I went out, that I would be assaulted, I would never have left the house.  Caleb asked me to take him to go play soccer.  I grabbed Ben's shoes and shorts, since he doesn't like to wear clothes in the house, and off we went. 

Everything went fine.  Caleb was off playing soccer with his friends on the court and Ben was with me under the tree playing with his little pack of friends and his soccer ball.  I had no idea that while I watched Ben play, someone watched me.  Putting the pieces together now, I assume he was hiding in the tree watching and waiting for his chance. 

He must have dropped out of the tree with feet so light I didn't even hear him.  While I was yet unaware, he had me by the neck.  Oddly enough, I never knew what he was up to until it was all over.  My first clue to his presence was when my neck began to itch. 

Yes, itch!  I broke out in terrible hives that went all around my neck, up onto my face and down my back and arms.  This was no ordinary stalker, you see.  It seems that a caterpillar must have been the culprit.  After 2 days of intense suffering, burning and itching, I went to the doctor.  She told me what she would piece together from my story and the nature of the hives.  A caterpillar must have been in the tree under which I was sitting.  He must have dropped down on me and made a quick getaway shortly after. 

I'm sure you are wondering now, why all the dramatics.  Well, if I just told you a stupid caterpillar fell on my head and made me itch, you wouldn't have understood the extent of my suffering and that would have been a boring story!

Now I know you want to visit and enjoy the wonders of our beautiful tropical garden.  Just don't forget your Benedryl!

With love,
Heather

1 comment:

Boutons said...

Haha I love this take on what happened!!! Thanks!!