Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Winter Weather



Benjamin doesn't like to be left out of anything including school.

Part of the gang on Christmas morning

Ben and Grandpa

I looked back to find that I hadn't blogged for over a month! Shame on me!! We have been busy going here and there. We got to enjoy Christmas with my family in Florida. It was great to see my parents, my sister's family and my youngest brother. Unfortunately, my other brother's family couldn't make it until after we had to due to work obligations.

We got a little sick over Christmas with colds and stomach viruses and that took a while to kick. Karis and I even had to miss Mike's family Christmas gathering to avoid spreading the germs. While attending a conference in Virginia a couple of weeks later, Ben picked up the flu and so started another round of sickness. Thankfully we are all well now and hope to stay that way.

Many of you may be wondering how our beloved Cote d'Ivoire is doing. Things are very much the same politically. On a more personal note, I was reading about some of the difficulties to the average person there. Nearly 300 have been killed in the problems. Many, many more have been injured. Food is scarce and expensive. Many businesses have closed or have paid their workers only a portion of their salaries. Life is hard! Please don't stop praying. Our teammates are still in a neighboring country, waiting for the end to come.

Well, I can't believe we only have a little over two months left. We will be in TN most of the next month, but do hope to plan a week day trip to Gastonia. We will be in Cullman, AL the end of February for a conference there, so if you are in the area, we'd love to see you there.

Heather

No comments: