Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Carnivore Restuarant, KENYA


These pictures are in black and white, but I think you will be able to see enough to want to go here if you ever visit Kenya. Welcome to the Carnivore. It is a world famous restaurant that serves exotic meats. Hence the name Carnivore. They use to serve Zebra and Giraffe and meat like that before Kenya outlawed those meats. The Carnivore is an all you can eat meat buffet. The exotic meat of the day was Ostrich, which comes from an Ostrich Farm, that is why they can serve this meat. We also had some Crocodile because it was not outlawed. The best meat in my opinion was the lamb. It was the best meat I have ever tasted.

This is the 6 of us who ventured out to the Carnivore. The one you don't see is taking the picture. We had a great time.
As I said this is an all you can eat restaurant. They bring a flag to your table and then start bringing you the meat. They tell you when you have finished eating you MUST surrender and lower your flag, or they will keep bringing out the meat. They bring the meat to your table on skewers and cut it off onto your plate.

This is the meat preparation area. It is hard to tell, but there are around 15 to 20 different meats being cooked in this area. Yes it smells great!!!

This little tray is the tray of sauces they bring to your table. There are 6 sauces and when they bring the meat to your table they will tell you which sauce to put on your meat. For instance the lamb goes with a mint sauce. Also in this picture you can see that we have surrendered and lowered our flag. The cost per person is a little high. It is about 2800 Kenya shillings. About $30 to $35 dollars per person. But you can eat all you want. I skipped lunch because I knew we were going to the Carnivore!!!! After I had finished, I asked my self if I brought my father and father-in-law to this place, how much they would eat and how long would we be sitting there. I dare say I might still be there!!!

1 comment:

Marlene said...

My first visit to the African continent was in June 2003 and it included a visit to Carnivore...and it was GOOD, of course this is coming from a girl who could NEVER be a vegetarian!!