Sunday, January 11, 2009

New Year/ New People

Our new year here has brought new people here to Abidjan. Of course our wonderful teammates arrived last month before the end of the year. They are doing great here adjusting to life in the big city and learning French. Two other families came last week to join the gang here. One will only be staying for 4 months to get oriented to West Africa and learn French. The other family expects to spend their first term here. So that means life is a lot less quiet and a lot more fun, especially for the kids.

Other life is just carrying on as usual. I am REALLY hoping my friend and househelper will be coming back from Burkina the end of this week. Cell phone coverage there seems to be very spotty, but the last time I talked to her, that was the plan. I just hope that she doesn't decide to stay. I would love so very much for her to be close to her family, but I sure miss her here.

Continue to pray for us to sell our rental properties. Many of you have been so faithful to do just that and we appreciate you greatly. We know that God's timing is best, but some days he makes me nervous!! ;)

Well, speaking of loud and full of life, the gang just came to play in the sand box. In the span of a couple of weeks we've gone from 3 kids to 8. That is if you can call our teammates daughter a kid, she's actually a lovely young lady and we are so glad she is here. So I'd better go watch the kids get dirty!!

Love to all,
Heather

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Heather! Glad to see you're doing well! I can't believe your kids are getting so big! Nicole is 16 now & is very serious about a great Christian boy. Jennifer & Jonathan are doing very well too! You look like you are totally enjoying God's work! Please take care & let us hear from you!