Saturday, March 8, 2008

Decisions, Decisions, Decisions!

We are now, once again, trying to decide what we are going to do with the rest of our life! :) Don't panic, we're not coming home. Through the research we've conducted as we've been here, we've discovered a significant number of Mossi already in churches. That means that they don't necessarily need us working with them full time. I've been putting off writing this as I hoped to have more answers of what we'd be doing, but I wanted you all to pray for us as we try to work through the possibilities. There is a very lost city here where we are and that is what we are prayerfully considering tackling. Pray that we get clear direction as to our next steps.

Regular life is going on as normal. I can say more French words than I could this time last week, but not as many as I hope to know by next week. We just keep moving along. Some days feel like more of a snail's pace than others.

Although tax day is far off for most of you, Monday is the board's deadline for us to get ours in. I finished most of that work today and I definitely have to say that I am glad April 15 only comes once a year!

Thanks for your prayers for Felicite and baby Jeremiah. When we visited yesterday afternoon, he still looked well. He's just so little! As we sat there visiting, his mom bowed her head in prayer before giving him his formula in his little feeding tube. Later on she told us that she thinks that Jeremiah will be a great man of God some day that preaches the Word. She humbly asked that we'd pray that she would be a good servant of God.

On another note, Caleb's face is healing well. He's already making sure that we have another beach trip in the plans to replace the ruined one from last week. We were only there long enough to get wet before we had to leave.

We are beginning to make summer plans here as I'm sure you are. We hope to have 2 volunteer teams. We'd love to see you here soon, too! If we take the large job that we are looking at, we are hoping to have volunteer teams here all the time!!

I hope to take some pictures this afternoon at a kids club we've been going to, but didn't want to put off writing the blog. So far we are too much of a disturbance merely by our presence and I haven't wanted to get out the camera to cause more trouble.

Don't forget to set your clocks forward! We like that from this side of the ocean because it makes you closer to our time!!

Love to all!
Heather

1 comment:

Marlene said...

Hi Heather,

Just wanted you to know I'm praying for y'all that God would make abundantly clear how He best wants you use y'all! Everytime I look at your blog, I can close my eyes and see Karis outside with the jump rope. Have a great week!

Marlene Boothe (ILC)