Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Travel and Family Time

Repost from December 2014

Getting Ty ready for Africa

Thanksgiving in our garage

Ty and Granddaddy

Caleb and Karis at the thankful tree

John and Mike with Uncle Raymond

Precious Ty

The little boys were taking a sick day with infected ears and a yucky cold


I've been wanting to write for a while, but can't seem to find the time.  Our little Ty is a sweet, spoiled mess.  He is 3 months old now and has a perpetual surprised look on his little face.  That is probably pretty appropriate for this family!

We've been traveling a lot.  It has been so nice to see so many of you.  Thanks to all who have encouraged us in so many ways.  We are hoping to see a few more of you, but for the last three weeks of our time here we are concentrating on seeing family and getting ready to go out again.

Some of you know about Ty's health concern that is causing this mommy heart some trouble.  Ty was diagnosed at just a few days old with an inguinal hernia.  We were immediately told that this is almost always taken care of by surgery only.  We prayed about it anyway and asked some of those closest to us to pray as well.  He saw a pediatric urologist very early on and she scheduled his surgery for December 17.  None of my kids has ever had surgery, save Caleb's oral surgery back in the summer.  Now I know my kids are God's first and I'm not supposed to worry, but I even worried about that.  It surely didn't help that there was a lady in the waiting room telling horror stories to her family sitting with her for a consultation visit of all of the bad things that she knew that had happened to people while undergoing oral surgery.  I definitely could have done without her stories of how people die under general anesthesia all of the time, while my precious teenage son was under anesthesia at that very moment.  Note to self, there are times and places where I should keep my mouth shut! ;)

Anyway, so many health care providers have told me how little Ty will be back to himself after just a few days and that this is a no big deal surgery, but you are talking about putting my little one under and putting him to the knife.  To me, that is a very big deal.  One of the worst things to come is that he can't eat for 4 hours before surgery time.  The little guy will be so ANGRY!  He'd nurse all day if somebody would let him.

We've been able to get a second appointment Dec 3 to double check the need for surgery.  Many have prayed and I hope so much that our little one has been healed and will not need surgery.  I have been informed that the only chance is a miraculous healing, but we serve the Great Healer.  I understand that He may not choose to act in that way, but He certainly can.  We'd appreciate your prayers on this.

I have decided to take one last free week to go to visit my grandparents.  One of the hard parts about overseas service is knowing that you most likely won't be able to make last minute trips to visit ailing family members one last time.  My mother's father and mother have been such important people in my life, but they are getting older, as we all are.  I realize that there will come a day that they'll be called home.  That may happen while we are overseas and I won't be able to visit again.  Grandma and Grandpa have been spiritual anchors of our family.  They have cheered me on through this journey and I will miss them more than I can say at their home-going.  In case that comes before our return, I want to see them again.  I know I'll not regret the trip either way.  The distance is the real problem. 12 or so hours in a car with a 3 month old and a 5 year old won't be a lot of fun!  This trip will allow my sweet Grandma to meet our littlest one.

I want to wish you all a Merry Christmas in case this is my last post of the year.

With Love,
Heather

No comments: